Monday, September 05, 2005

Blanket Buddies for Katrina Victims

A great idea from my friend Allie:

Like so many, I have been at a loss as to how to help those left homeless and so devastated by Hurricane Katrina. I've given money to the Red Cross, but basically I've felt totally useless. I've scoured the internet for alternative ways of helping to no avail.

Then it occurred to me that I have the ability to create a project myself. And "The Blanket Buddies Project" was launched. My committment is to organize the creation, collection and distribution of at least 1000 cozy handmade NO SEW fleece blankets for the children of this disaster. They only take a few hours to make, require no talent and are soft and oh so cozy. One can't help but feel security and comfort when wrapped up in one. They ooze love.

Will you help?

My thrown together homepage has information on how to make them.

Do you have others you can pass this on to?
Do you know places we can post a message?
Do you have contacts in groups like, sewing circles, church groups, school groups, ect, that you can contact and/or rally?

No comments: