Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Autoresponders...and lessons learned!

Alright! For long enough I've just posted info to this blog. It's time for me to come out of my shell and just talk to you.

Gotta tell you...I made a giant blunder with my autoresponder and I'd like to share the lessons learned. I use GetResponse.com. I like that I can create my e-mails in html, paste them into my campaign and send them off. There are many features I like about GetResponse.com.

There's also Constant Contact. It's got a very nice feature, templates. It's very user friendly, and you can create your campaign in html, then paste it in as well. There's a 60 day free trial you can use to test drive an e-mail campaign.

Anyway, back to my blunder. I composed my autoresponders for my monthly newsletter. I didn't notice the "html preview" link, which would have shown me my mistakes right off. This was mistake #1.

To compound matters, I didn't (as I always preach) subscribe to my own newsletter. Mistake #2. If I had I would have seen immediately that my links were DEAD!!!! YIKES!!! Fortunately, for me, a friend pointed it out (I just entered a bunch of subscriptions I secured at a trade show) and I had just subscribed myself, so I saw my errors immediately.

The moral of the story...preview and test. Why is it some lessons are harder learned than others???

Deb

No comments: